Current Postings: PROJECT MANAGER
Are you a thorough and competent Project Manager who is design savvy with great technical skills?
Do you strive for the best possible outcome of a project and motivate those around you to do the same?
Are you a natural problem solver with the ability to pivot quickly?
Do you place a high value on your relationships
Are you ready to join a growing team of professionals with a strong reputation for producing amazing work?
About TM Builders
At TM Builders we are in the business of creating happy customers. When working with TM we assure our clients the best possible experience from start to finish with our transparent communication, honesty, and commitment to quality. We use cutting edge construction management software to connect clients with their projects 24 hours a day.
We’re outdoor enthusiasts, adrenaline junkies, skiers, golfers, mountain bikers, and parents, but the TM Team dedicates the rest of our time building and remodeling exceptional homes and spaces. Management is responsible for fostering up-front, honest partnerships that benefit everyone. With TM, you’ll experience a culture of transparency, high quality craftsmanship, and solution-oriented attitudes.
We are looking to expand our Project Management team with an enthusiastic team player who has excellent organizational and relationships building skills!
This is for you if:
- You are a proficient multi-tasker, juggling multiple projects with different needs and timelines is your jam
- You are independent, resourceful, accountable and aren’t afraid to demonstrate initiative
- You are a detail-oriented planner with the experience and ability to anticipate/forecast risk and take appropriate preventative action
- You are able to read people and can interact appropriately for optimal collaboration and results
- You have the ability to remain calm under pressure and work with the client to ensure they feel heard and part of the process
- You are resilient and able to take on a high-volume workload with the ability to stay focused and make sound decisions
- You have excellent customer service and communication skills
In the Role, you will be:
- Manage the construction process from any stage: Contract, Planning, Executing & Closing
- Create pre-construction schedules to set expectations, including preliminary budget, architectural design, etc.
- Manage the preliminary budget with very detailed descriptions, research, and review with trades to ensure costs are as accurate as possible
- Lead collaboration between Architect, Interior Designers, Engineers, Client and TM
- Create bid packages to be sent to subtrades and vendors
- Attain all selections from Clients, Designers and Architect
- Execute and plan all purchases based on specifications, schedule, budget
- Inform Finance of all changes and request change orders. Issue and expedite all change order costs and billings
- Start Construction: Review the budgets and schedules with Foreman before beginning construction to review subtrades and labor allowances
- Continuously manage the project schedule, budget and scope of work according the construction contract
- Anticipate potential problems, optimize building design, scheduling, flag possible cost savings and value engineering options
- Prepare or obtain take offs, provide clear order specifications and order materials as needed
- Attend site visits on a regular basis to ensure project success and client satisfaction
- Inform and provide solutions to consultants and clients of any errors, discrepancies or omissions contained within design drawings
- Communicate changes and challenges regarding issues with project subs, vendors, etc that will affect the schedule or budget with Foreman
- Be the primary client point of contact, responsible for 100% customer satisfaction and never losing sight of who’s project it really is (the clients)
- Maintain an efficient, timely & final project closure and review final punch list items to ensure excellent customer service & happy client!
- Represent TM Builders respectfully in all day-to-day interactions with team members, vendors, clients, and sub-trades
- Construction Management degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Minimum 5 years working construction on luxury new builds
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and specifications
- Ability to Value engineer at all phases of construction
- Ability to create the best practical value with the lowest cost to resources, budgets & scheduling
- Management of construction projects and budgets and contract administration from start to closeout
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal with strong personalities and emotions respectfully and professionally
- Strong knowledge of BC & Municipal building codes
- Proficiency with computers/technology
- Strong knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Must have a clean Driver’s Abstract
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Background in estimating and Foreman experience an asset
- Builder-Trend Software or similar Construction Management Software: 1 year + an asset
- Attractive total compensation package including extended health benefits and retention bonus
- Ongoing opportunities for professional development and paid training programs
- Access to Golf Passes at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler Golf Course & Big Sky Golf Course in Pemberton!
- Access to Spirit Pass program
- Pride of being part of an award-winning team who show up with integrity and are focused on achieving exceptional customer experiences