Current Postings: CARPENTER
Are you at the top of your game and ready to join and support a team of exceptional, like-minded carpenters, apprentices and trades?
Does your impeccable attention to detail reflect in your work, both with daily progress and at project completion?
Are you a skilled and experienced carpenter with the right combination of drive, skills and attitude?
Do you enjoy the challenge of working at elevated heights and in inclement weather?
Are you physically fit enough to perform in a hands-on role all day while also enjoy the amazing recreation of the Sea to Sky on your days off?
Are you excited to join a growing team of professionals with a strong reputation for producing amazing work?
About TM Builders
At TM Builders we are in the business of creating happy customers. When working with TM we strive to create the best possible experience for our clients from start to finish with our transparent communication, honesty, and commitment to quality. We use cutting edge construction management software to connect our clients with their projects 24 hours a day.
We’re outdoor enthusiasts, adrenaline junkies, golfers, bikers, and parents, but the TM Team dedicates the rest of our time building and remodeling exceptional homes and spaces. Management is responsible for fostering up-front, honest partnerships that benefit everyone. With TM, you’ll experience a culture of transparency, high quality craftsmanship, and solution-oriented attitudes.
This is why adding to our team is something we take very seriously. At this time, we are looking for our next superstar carpenter to contribute to our construction team’s success!
This is for you if:
- You are a motivated life-long learner who is ready to grow their career
- You are safety-conscious, have a strong work ethic and aren’t fazed by logistical challenges
- You have a broad range of Carpentry skills from layout and forming foundations, to framing, right up to finishing
- You have experience reading and interpreting architectural and shop drawings
- You are able to work both independently and cooperatively to help your teammates achieve the greater goal
- You are a multi-tasker with capacity to manage a high-volume workload, calmly staying focused on priorities and making sound decisions
- You have knowledge of proper use of tools and equipment
- You are a fan of the Sea to Sky lifestyle
In the Role, you will be:
- Ensuring the job site is neat and tidy while meeting requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Performing general carpentry tasks including structural wood and steel framing, formwork, pouring foundations, siding, waterproofing, window and door installations, site preparation, site clean up
- Managing the quality of work daily by addressing deficiencies when they happen and providing feedback with the TM team and subtrades
- Ensuring projects are built according to approved plans, specifications and drawings, informing the foreman of any errors, material needs and seeking clarification as necessary
- Able to anticipate and trouble shoot potential problems
- Motivated, dependable, trustworthy and a team player
- Respectfully representing TM Builders in day-to-day interactions with other staff, sub-trades, and clients
- Arriving at work daily with a positive, can-do attitude
- 3+ years of experience working as a carpenter
- Knowledge of residential renovation and new build construction
- Physical ability to perform construction tasks including lifting heavy objects, working at heights and in all weather conditions
- Understanding of BC & Local Municipal Building Codes
- Must own a reliable vehicle and have a valid driver’s license
- Must have tool belt and tools
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Red Seal/Journeyman certification preferred
- Occupational First Aid an asset